Friday, April 12, 2013

Should we really socialize when were dead?



Just when you thought every service and application existed, a new breed comes along.  

A few companies like http://www.deadsoci.al/ have created services that let you create, schedule and populate messages to loved ones that get delivered long after you have left this earth (yes, died).

At first, I thought it was interesting.  I even started to sign up for an account and then stopped.  I thought for a while and wondered if this was really a good thing or a bad thing for the loved ones we leave behind. 

Don’t get me wrong, I wish my late wife had written some personal letters to me and the kids before she passed, especially since she had a number of months before losing her battle with cancer. I even bought her stationary and pens, but she never wrote a single letter (she might have thought writing them meant she was giving up). 

My thought was that the kids would have enjoyed reading and keeping them as they grew older (they are now young adults).

During my pause to finish signing up for the service, I questioned whether a service like this would have delayed or changed the healing process for them or would they have enjoyed keeping messages delivered from their mom after she passed, so I asked them.

Question: Would you want messages to arrive after we are no longer alive?

Peter Jr – No, Nicole – Yes, Tyler – Yes

So, there you have it…  As crazy as it sounds, some might like it and others might not.  

If you setup an account on deadsocial or a similar service, before you create the list of individuals and messages, ask the people you intend to ping from the grave.  


You definitely don’t want to be blocked or removed as a friend when you’re dead.. 
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment