Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Microsoft Surface RT


What do you think about the new Microsoft Surface RT device?
  
I didn't want to call it a tablet or a laptop; since the jury is still out on it falling somewhere in the middle of the two, but the feedback in general has been it is pretty phenomenal device being used in either scenario.

As the pre-orders continue to roll in (I ordered mine yesterday), I think the device will actually sell extremely well (especially during the holidays).  

Will potential iPad or Google Tablet buyers decide the Surface is for them?

I think the eco-system card plays a bit of a factor here…   If you've started to make the move to Windows 8 (desktop/laptop), phone, or experienced some of the new interface upgrades on the Xbox platform, I think you may opt to order the new Surface..  If your house looks like an Apple store, I’m guessing the new iPad or really new iPad mini might be more your thing.

Since many of today’s families seem to be a little split down the middle, I will have both the new Surface and the iPad mini in a couple weeks…   I’m guessing this might also be the case for many other households…  
My household breakdown:  two Apple fans, one Android and one Microsoft Mobile Device Management for the surface is an interesting topic on this one, since it may be the consumer windows tablet device that forces enterprises to figure out secure access, controls and management of the device…

Since the surface is pretty much running a modified version of Windows 8, will the traditional MDM companies create a mobile client to manage it (Good, MobileIron, AirWatch, etc).

Stay tuned for a future review of my mobile travels with the Surface in a couple weeks.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment