Monday, November 12, 2012

Would I give up my new iPad Mini during a Zombie Apocalypse?


Maybe I have Halloween on my brain or the lack of one, since the power was out for almost two weeks, too much candy left-over or maybe still giggling over the NSA posting that every man, woman and child should prepare for an eventual invasion of zombies… J
If I had to decide what to protect in my home, would any of the technology stand a chance?  I love my iPhone, Apple TV, Xbox360, Windows Phone 8 and a few other technology gadgets, but would I really give a hoot about them if the end of the world was among us?  
I just received my iPad mini over the weekend and spent a few hours loading it up.  I would say it has approximately 20-30 apps that I try to use frequently, but often neglect some from time to time…  The device is pretty quick, light and has a great screen…  Since everything is going well over wi-fi, I’ve not used the new connector yet…  Since my inventory of iConnected devices (speaker systems, etc) is pretty small, the new connector is not bumming me out like many others. 
Apps; Same as the traditional iPad, so you have over 275K apps specifically designed for it. 
I love how I was easily able to sync up my iPhone and iPad mini to pull in the same apps loaded on one to the other at the same time…  Genius.
I’ve never had an Apple product with the new retina technology (I’m too cheap), so I don’t think the screen on the iPad mini is that bad.  I like the smaller form factor…   I was a fan of the 7inch size tablet when BlackBerry came out with the Playbook, even though I thought it was too thick and bulky…   I think the style of the Apple iPad mini is just right.  
Is there anything missing?    I’m still testing the product, so I’ll let you know in a few weeks.  The only thing that I wish was that the product was $250.00 versus $329.00 (I told you I was cheap).  Is the device worth the premium?   If you’re big into the Apple eco-system, I would say that the premium is not that bad.  Really it is all about whether you are looking for a smaller version of the iPad for reading books, checking your social networks, blogging, email, etc.
Will this device make its way into the enterprise like it’s big brother?  You bet it will..   I have no doubt that we will see a ton of these sold over the holidays and the enterprise will need to be ready for the requests to get corporate email, etc delivered…
Back to the Zombie Apocalypse… Would I give up my device?    You betcha… 
You can always get another when the crisis is over…   And since Apple releases a new devices pretty frequently, you probably will want a new one anyway after things settle down…  
Thanks to the zombies…
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment